- Blood letting done with the help of cow horn.
- Prachchhaana Karma should be done.
- Some amount of blood should be allowed to flow from the incision.
- Then the physician should tie a very thin cloth to the horn opening.
- Then the physician should keep covered, the opening over the incision and suck blood through the other end.
- The horn should be curved and 7 Angula in length. The horn should have one opening of diameter equal to one green gram and this should be kept over the incision. The other end should have diameter equal to a thumb.
- For Tvak Sthita Raktadusht`i (vitiated blood situated near skin) and Tvak Supti (numbness) – Alaabu should be used.
- S`hringa should not be used for blood letting when blood is vitiated due to Kapha Dosha.
- S`hringa should be used for blood letting at a very deep site.
- Suction is the principle. The physician sucks the blood from the peripheral skin incision.
Last updated on April 30th, 2021 at 05:57 am