- The procedure in which Netra Tarpan`a is done with the help of juice extracted by Put`apaaka method.
- Lekhana Put`apaaka
- Snehana Put`apaaka
- Prasaadana Put`apaaka
- The patient should under go S`hodhana (Vamana, Virechana, Raktamokshan`a, Nirooha Basti) and S`hiro Virechana Nasya (Errhines) this leads to elimination of the vitiated three Dosha. A cleaner internal environment and improved sensorimotor apparatus function called as Mastishka S`hodhana should be achieved.S.U. 18 /5-11
- The patient should be examined by the Vaidya with respect to digestion status of the previous day. This gives information about the Agni status of the person.
- The room where Netra Tarpan`a is to be administered should be closed, devoid of direct breeze, sunlight, smoke, and should be furnished with curtains of colours except blue and yellow.. A.S. Su. 33/3
- Selection of auspicious and suitable timefor the patient. S.U.18/5
- The Lekhana, Snehana and Prasaadana Put`apaaka should be retained around eye for 100, 200 and 300 Maatraa consecutively.
- For Lekhana and Snehana Put`apaaka the medicine should be lukewarm and for Prasaadana Put`apaaka it should be cold.
- Put`apaaka should be done only for one day for Kapha dominance.
- Put`apaaka should be done consecutively for two days for Pitta dominance.
- Put`apaaka should be done consecutively for three days for Vaata dominance.
- Dhoomapaana should be done after Lekhana and Snehana Put`apaaka.
- The patient should not be allowed to face direct bright light immediately after Tarpan`a
- The patient should not be allowed to see bright objects and sky immediately after Tarpan`a
- The patient should follow the dietary and lifestyle regime for double the period of Put`apaaka treatment.
- The patient should keep pack of petals of jasmine flowers over the eyes for cooling effect at night during the period of treatment.
Samyak Yoga (Benefits):
- Prasanna Varn`a (improves glow of eyes)
- Vis`hada Netra (cleanses eye)
- Vaata Aatapasaha (improves tolerance of the eye for sun and wind)
- Sukha Svapna (good sleep)
- Sukha Svapna Avabodha (easy awakening)
- Rujaa (pain in eye)
- S`hotha (oedema of eye)
- Pid`akaa (blisters)
- Timira (vision problem)
- Paaka (inflammation of eye)
- As`hru (increased lacrimation)
- Netra Harsha
- Snehana Put`apaaka should be administered in Vaataja Abhishyanda, Raktaja Abhishyanda, Raktaja Adhimantha, Siraaharsha, Sirotpaata and Vaataja Adhimantha Netra Roga.
- Snehana and Prasaadana Put`apaaka should be administered in Vaataja Timira Netra Roga.
- Other indications and various formulations used can be got through Anveshak search facility.
Last updated on April 30th, 2021 at 05:48 am