- Bandaging the wound is termed as Bandha.
Types of Bandha: (S.Su.18)
|1||Kos`ha Bandha||Angusht`a and Anguliparva|
|3||Svasthika Bandha||Sandhi, Koorcha, Bhroo, Stanaantara, Hasta Tala, Paada Tala and Karn`a|
|5||Pratoli Bandha||Greeva and Med`ra|
|6||Man`d`alaBandha||To Vrutta Anga|
|7||Sthagikaa Bandha||Agra Bhaaga of Angusht`a, Angulee and Med`ra|
|8||Yamaka Bandha||In Presence of two Vran`a|
|9||Kat`vaa Bandha||Hanu, S`hankha and Gan`d`a Pradesha|
|10||Cheena Bandha||Apaanga Pradesha|
|11||Vibandha Bandha||Prusht`a, Udara and Urah Pradesha|
|12||Vitaana Bandha||Moordha Pradesha|
|13||Gophan`aa Bandha||Chibuka, Naasa, Osht`a, Amsa and Basti Pradesha|
|15||Utsanga Bandha||Baahu Pradesha|
- Gaad`ha Bandha – The bandage which presses the body part but prevents pain is called as Gaad`ha Bandha.
- S`hithila Bandha – The bandage which allows easy respiration and mobility and which is loose is called as S`hithila Bandha.
- Sama Bandha – The bandage which is neither securelike Gaad`ha Bandha and nor loose like S`hithila Bandha is called as Sama Bandha.
|Gaad`ha||Sphik, Kukshi, Kakshaa, Vankshan`a, Uru, S`hira||Kaphavaata dominance|
|S`hithila||Netra, Sandhi||Pittarakta dominance|
|Sama||S`haakhaa, Vadana, Karn`a, Med`hra, Mushka, Prisht`ha, Paars`hva, Udara, Ura||Vaatapitta and Kaphapitta dominance|
- Bandha should be changed on the third day after S`hastrakarma. After that it should be changed considering the following points-
|Bandha should be changed after||Ritu / Month||Dosha|
|Two day||Hemanta, S`his`hira, Vasanta|
|One day||S`harada, Greeshma, Varshaa|
|Twice a day||S`harada, Greeshma, Varshaa||Pitta dominance, Raktadominance|
|Twice a day||Vais`haakha, Greeshma||Pitta dominance|
|One day||Hemanta, Vasanta||Vaata Pitta dominance|
|One day||Pitta dominance|
|One day||Hemanta, Vasanta||Pitta Kapha dominance|
|Morning once||S`harada, Greeshma|
Chikitsaa Karma (Benefits):
- The medicine of Aalepa etc is held in one place.
- Prevents excessive mobilization at the site of wound.
- Stops bleeding.
- Stops spreading of Visha in Dams`ha.
- Prevents wound from trauma.
- Prevents wound from Maakshikaa (flies).
Last updated on April 29th, 2021 at 07:13 am