- Blood letting done with the help of bitter gourd.
- Prachchhaana Karma should be done.
- The procedure is based on the principle of cupping.
- The gourd should be completely evacuated from inside and dried completely.
- A coin is kept over the incisions and then a lighted candle is kept over this coin.
- Then the emptied gourd is kept over this candle.
- The candle is doused to create vacuum inside the gourd. Due to this the blood gets sucked into the gourd.
- The procedure should be stopped after 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then the gourd should be separated forcefully.
- Alaabu Karma should be used for Tvak Sthita Raktadusht`ee (vitiated blood situated near skin) and Tvak Supti (numbness).
- Alaabu should not be used for blood letting for blood vitiated due to Pitta Dosha.
- Alaabu should be used for blood letting at a deep site.
- The process works on the principle of suction of blood by creating negative pressure / vacuum inside the gourd. The border of the gourd has to be firmly fixed in place to avoid entry of external air within as it would fail in suction of blood.
Last updated on April 30th, 2021 at 05:52 am